Dancers are elite athletes! We treat them like elite athletes!
This course will take you through a unique and functional approach to Dance Conditioning and Rehabilitation and will focus on re-educating movement patterns interrupted after injury and surgery and developing Dance Performance. You will learn a series of functional techniques that you can immediately use in your practice or lessons.
This movement re-patterning methodology has been developed to educate the neuromuscular and proprioceptive systems, not only on how to move, but how fast to move thereby enhancing movement efficiency, movement performance and injury prevention.
First, you will learn how to analyse movement patterns using the DMS Functional Movement Analysis. This will teach you how to spot uncontrolled, inefficient and compensatory movement.
You will then learn a series of techniques and exercises that are designed to develop motor control and improve overall functional movement. The movements are progressive from simple-to-advanced patterns and from low-level-to-high-level. You will learn and experience basic movement re-education to functional neuromuscular stimulation, to dynamic movement development.
It is a very practical-based course with lots of physical participation in order that you can fully understand the correct technique and experience the physical effects of the movements.
The Movement School acknowledges dancers as elite athletes and understands the various physical demands across all genres of the performing arts.
We have worked with hundreds of dancers of all ages including after injury, taking them through to improved conditioning and performance.
Who is the course for?
For dance teachers, coaches, choreographers, health care professionals, personal trainers, dancers, strength and conditioning coaches, parents, and educators.
- Understand the theory behind the Movement Re-Patterning for Rehabilitation methodology
- Understand movement & motor re-education after injury or surgery
- Understand, identify and correct compensatory and uncontrolled movement
- Learn techniques for Rehabilitation and movement re-patterning and Rehabilitation Exercises
- Learn techniques for Dance Conditioning, muscle activation & recruitment
- Learn methods for stimulating the nervous system
- Movement Re-Patterning
- The Methodology and how it works
- Motor Neuro Training
- Proprioceptive Training
- Analysing Movement
- Practical Session
- Q & A Throughout the day
- Movement Repatterning – Practical Session
- Functional Movement Analysis
- Correcting Movement Patterns
- Movement Re-patterning – Practical Session
- Common mistakes in Dance Rehabilitation
- The instability Cycle
- Speed & Conditioning Development in Dance
- Case Studies
- Q & A Throughout the day